GCU Dataset Version 2
GCU dataset version 2 is collected from 4 users (specifically, 2 people, using their devices in two different periods covering different locations) consisting of staff and students of Glasgow Caledonian University. The data was collected in 2014 from Android devices and contains sensor data from wifi networks, cell towers, application use, light and sound levels, rotation, magnetic field and device system stats. The duration of the data is approximately 3 weeks. Only wifi networks are anonymized.
The data was used to build user profiles for detecting unauthorized device use. For more information, please see the paper reference at the end of this page.
Each row in the file contains the following fields:
- Probe name (GCU.CellProbe, GCU.RunningApplicationsProbe, GCU.WifiProbe)
- List of values (observed by the probe)
The data is provided for research purposes. Reverse engineering and other (nefarious) uses of this data is strictly prohibited. Please treat it as if it is your own daily use data.
- Download the data from User1 (compressed)
- Download the data from User2 (compressed)
- Download the data from User3 (compressed)
- Download the data from User4 (compressed)
If you end up using the dataset in an academic project, please consider citing it as:
- Kayacik H. G., Just M., Baillie L., Aspinall D., Micallef N., "Data Driven Authentication: On the Effectiveness of User Behaviour Modelling with Mobile Device Sensors", Proceedings of the 3rd Mobile Security Technologies Workshop , Held as part of the IEEE S&P Symposium, (MoST-2014), May 2014.