GCU Dataset Version 3
GCU dataset version 3 is collected from my Samsung Galaxy phone running Android 4.2. The data was collected between 2012 and 2014 and contains sensor data from wifi networks, cell towers, application use, light and sound levels, rotation, magnetic field, device system stats and some (limited) GPS data. The duration of the data is approximately 65 weeks. The last 4 weeks contain GPS locations. The data is not anonymized.
The data was used to build user profiles for detecting unauthorized device use. For more information, please see the paper reference at the end of this page.
Each row in the file contains the following fields:
- Probe name (GCU.CellProbe, GCU.RunningApplicationsProbe, GCU.WifiProbe)
- List of values (observed by the probe)
The data is provided for research purposes. Reverse engineering and other (nefarious) uses of this data is strictly prohibited. Please treat it as if it is your own daily use data. The data is split into two parts. Part 1 contains data from the majority of the sensors and would be a good place to start. Part 2 contains data from the rotation sensor and accelerometer. I would suggest downloading this ~5.1G file if you plan to use these two sensors.
- Download Part 1, which contains sensor data from all sensors except rotation sensor and accelerometer. (compressed)
- Download Part 2, which contains sensor data from rotation sensor and accelerometer. (compressed)
- Kayacik H. G., Just M., Baillie L., Aspinall D., Micallef N., "Data Driven Authentication: On the Effectiveness of User Behaviour Modelling with Mobile Device Sensors", Proceedings of the 3rd Mobile Security Technologies Workshop , Held as part of the IEEE S&P Symposium, (MoST-2014), May 2014.
If the dataset proves useful to your research or if you discover anything interesting, please do let us know :-)